Thursday, May 1, 2008

Ooops, overflowing Rose

I stated in my post 3 days ago, about kicking off the rose (Chablis Blush), that I made a silly mistake and filled it too high in the demijohn. I left it as it was, rather than pouring away the extra, as there was still an air gap, and it felt wrong to pour away some of what would be lovely wine in the not too distant future.



As you can see, pouring away the excess looks like it would have been a very good idea. I stupidly didn't check in on the wine until the strawberry wine needed topping up, so it may have had a couple of days like this before I realised. If I am honest, I also didn't sanitise the airlock given the wine wouldn't come in contact with that - would it ;-). All I can do now is hope that I have got away with it and the wine has not been contaminated. At least I know know you really shouldn't fill the demijohns above the 4.5 litre mark with these kits.

No comments: