Saturday, February 7, 2015

Bottling the Woodfordes Wherry

I measured the gravity of the Wherry on 2nd Feb, and found it to be around 1015. On the 5th it was probalby around 1014, and didnt show much sign of moving so when I had a few hours on the 7th, I was happy it was likely finished.

Having cleaned the bottles and left them drying (pre-rinse), I went to make up the sugar solution to prime the bucket with, only to find now white sugar in the house. A quick google suggested the demerera sugar could be used instead, in the same quantity as white sugar. Having found 90g way too much in the stout, and the Wherry instructions saying a max of 85 in a pressure key, I opted to use 75g of sugar in the Wherry bucket. We shall see how the quantity, and demerera fair.

I got 44 bottles filled up, and a quick taste didn't show any of the nasty flavours that were in the stout. It was a perfectly acceptable simple brew. Hopefully it will developer a little more interest with time.

No comments: