Given I'm pretty unhappy with the Stout I brewed (Im sure this is entirely my fault for putting tooo much sugar in before bottling), I decided I needed another brew for the wedding. I hadn't realised that the Munton's Oaked Ale was so dark at the time, so I went looking for something dark, instead of the stout. I read the description of the Woodforde's Nog as a ruby red, dark, rich tasting ale and it sounded perfect so here we are.
Nothing exciting to report. I soaked the bucket with the stirrer, hydrometer and thermometer in, for about 10 mins. I poured boiling water over the two tins in the sink near the end of cleaning. Finally I chucked the two tins into the clean bucket added the first of 3 kettles of boiling water, via the empty tins to get the dregs, and stirred like mad. Then I carried it up to the brewing room, and filled up the bucket with cold water from the tap (I have no cold water tank) using a jug, happy to throw the water in from a height to get lots of air in. I pitched the yeast, having forgotten to take a gravity reading again, stirred a little more, and put the top on the bucket and left it.