Sunday, May 25, 2008

Getting the Rose Racked

I had intended to rack the rose last weekend at the same time as the plum. However, I somehow didn't get round to it (nothing to do with buying GTA 4 I might add ;-) ) I also meant to rack it yesterday, but somehow didn't get round to it, so I was determined that I would do it today. The bubbles had stopped coming through the airlock now.

Once again I sanitised the demijohn, airlock, gromit and syphon. While I did this, I took a gravity reading just to confirm fermentation was finished. The target was 0.990 to 0.996 for a rose.



I took the reading at 0.995, inside target.

I emptied the contents of the stabiliser into the empty demijohn and syphoned in the wine to mix it in.



I shook it as much as I could for the next few minutes, until the pressure stopped building up. I will repeat this as many times as possible over the next few days, before adding the finings.

No comments: