Monday, May 26, 2008

Tasting the Forest Bitter

It has been about a week since I bottled the Sherwood's Forest Bitter. I decided to give one a go to see how it is progressing.



As you can see, there isn't much head at the moment. It is also not very fizzy currently, which may be a good thing as it is also very sweet. Hopefully some of the sweetness will go as the sugar is converted to CO2.

I am not especially good at describing beers. It has a very similar smell to the wort at the moment. The taste is definitely very green. That said, it is not at all unpleasant, just a little sweet. Under the sweetness it has a very smooth, malty taste, with a nice bitter after taste.

All in all, I'm pretty happy, I just really hope the sweetness subsides. The final gravity of the brew was 1.013, which was a little above the target, again, so Im not that confident all the sweetness will go. Time will tell.

No comments: