Saturday, February 9, 2008

Wine check

I am making a trip to the brew shop today, and I'm tempted to buy another wine kit and a couple more demijohns so that I can have the current one in secondary and two more in primaries. However, I didn't want to start another couple of wines if the current one was struggling in the cool temperatures, so its time to take a hydrometer measurement. I carefully moved the demijohn to somewhere I could see it more clearly, removed the top and gently placed in the sterilised hydrometer. I was pleased to see it drop pretty low, and when I took the reading it was at about 1.006. It still has another 8ish points to drop, but it has already dropped 72 points and it was still bubbling so I'm hoping its possible.

Prior to taking the reading I also did another bubble count:





































DayTime per bubble (secs)bubbles per minute
0infinite0
3228
597
9154
12183
15302

No comments: