Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Wine bubbling away

I have decided to make regular measurements of the number of bubbles coming through the airlock on the wine. Regardless of whether my first attempt at brewing wine ferments perfectly, or stops short, having something to compare future fermentation against should be really useful.

















DayTime per bubble (secs)bubbles per minute
0infinite0
3228<

Observations:

  • There were no bubbles immediately after mixing all the ingredients and attaching the airlock.

  • I was away for the next couple of days, but after 3 days it is bubbling away. :-) The bubbles are sometimes small ones you can see pass through the airlock, and other times you can see the pressure building and pushing the water round the airlock before it all bubbles through in one big bubble. (I counted all these as one bubble)


It looks like so far so good for the wine. I'm keeping everything crossed though.

No comments: