Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Equipment

Equipment

So having decided to give brewing beer a go, I had to get some equipment. Phil kindly agreed to order everything I would need, while I started to read up on the processes and the kit. The picture shows everything that he ordered for me, minus the 48 bottles which would need collecting at some point.

The equipment included:


  • Beginners Kit including

    • 5 gallon fermentation bucket with tap,



    • beer paddle

    • 1 meter of tubing

    • steriliser powder

    • water treatment tablet

    • finings

    • 1kg glucose powder

    • set of instructions





  • Beer Kit: Munton's Gold Indian Pale Ale

  • 40 blue tops

  • 40 gold tops

  • capper


All the equipment was ordered from Art of Brewing (see the Blogroll) as recommended by Phil. I have been perfectly happy with the quality of everything so far.

No comments: